If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Street Fight

I just saw this link on PoliticsNJ to a documentary on the 2002 Newark mayoral elections: Street Fight (the link is to the QuickTime version).

Booker and James, you know who won. I was in Newark every day at the time, but I had no idea what was going on. This is New Jersey politics and it's scary. I got goose-bumps from the 2 minute trailer, and can't wait to see the whole thing. If this is what happens in a place run buy a leader not under investigation or in jail I can only imagine what's going on in Hudson county. (Remember Anthony Russo, Gerald McCann, Robert Janiszewski, etc. etc. etc.?) Gosh - Chris Christie must have the easiest job in the world.

The movie premiers at the Tribeca Film Festival, showing April 29, 30 and May 1. I'll be there - finals or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home