If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

HOK a loogie

HOK a loogie


The people at H.O.K. are quite brilliant. They've sold the same stadium plans to almost a dozen cities now. I like Citizen's Bank Park alright... much more than the Vet of course - but it's nothing special. I guess it's better to have a nice cookie-cutter stadium than a crappy cookie-cutter, but for whatever hundred million dollars - I'd like something where it doesn't take 45 minutes to struggle your way through the overcrowded outfield concourse.

So when H.O.K. comes to your town to pitch Camden Yards 2.0, take a good long look before you accept.

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, I have to disagree with your comments about Citizens Bank Park. I think that the stadium is beautiful and has its own unique elements. I think you'd echo similar sentiments if the stadium was downtown in the heart of the city. I think the issue with the stadium is not the structure of the stadium, its the placement. Having a stadium in south philadelphia creates a rather dull baseball experience compared to Wrigly or Fenway, but with that said, I think Citizens Bank Park (the actual stadium, not the surroundings) is one of the nicest ballparks in the league. I would say that Pittsburgh has a way better all around atmsophere, Fenway, Camden Yards, Wrigly, but besides that, there are few stadiums that match the brillance of Citizens Bank Park. I can't wait for baseball season to begin and see what the stadium has in store for us this year!
-brother dan

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a exchange link pc repair site. It pretty much covers ##PC Repair## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home