If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Melissa Holloway called me...

Well... Mayoral candidate Melissa Halloway didn't actually call me... somebody from central jersey (609 area code) called me from their cell phone and left a recorded message from her. Listen for yourself... (Quicktime might be required to play this - even if it does work, get QuickTime anyway)



Notice that there was no indication of who paid for, or authorized the message. If memory serves - the NJ legislature passed a law that summer (part of the big ethics "reform" - the one that included a ban on wheeling of county party money for a whopping 6 months of the the year).

Here's the statute P.L.2004, c.30 (the link is to the PDF version of the chapter law). I'm not exactly ready to be calling ELEC or Chris Christie yet, but the statute requires the inclusion of the contact information of the candidate or committee authorizing or financing the call, or "a clear and conspicuous statement that the expenditure was not made with the cooperation or prior consent of" of the candidate. I didn't hear either of those... did you?

I do, however, look forward to hearing her platform in time to make an educated decision for the May election.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm going to interview her for tmr or chilltown or whatever, whether or not she gets on the ballot. right now, it's looking doubtful.

tris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home