If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Saturday, October 30, 2004

It must be election time...

...because I'm actually getting some phone calls. Of course, they're not from humans - they're calls from robots telling me to vote for John Kerry. Jokes on them, because my phone service gives me a copy of my voice message as a wav file. Listen for yourself:



I, like everyone else, hate unsolicited phone calls from telemarketers, especially when they are recordings. The politicians, being the clever devils they are, exempted themselves from the "do not call list" legislation and the federal Telemarketer Sales Rule regulations. New Jersey recently passed a law requiring these messages to contain a message stating who paid and approved of the message... It's unfortunate that you are forced to listen to (and possibly pay for) the message to find out who paid for it at the end. If they're going to be allowed to voice spam us, we should be able to not listen - or at least know who's spamming us.


They should also not be able to block or spoof the caller ID. The call came from 617 231-2006 - "wireless caller." Uh huh... this was a mobile voice spam robot? Right?


This is Ryan P. Kennedy, and I approved this message.

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... Interesting post on voip equipment. By the way... Just found this resource where you can post your own articles on voip equipment - if you have something you want to share with the world. Besides, at the same time you'll get a link back to your own site on anything concerning voip equipment - or whatever else you'd like... why don't you check it out for yourself now...

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a garden gift site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

 

Post a Comment

<< Home