If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Friday, July 22, 2005

NHL Rule Changes

ESPN is reporting some rule changes that the NHL will be implementing this upcoming season... most designed to make the game higher scoring with less delays.

Of interest to me where the limits to goalies - who now cannot handle the puck behind the net. While I like the attempts to prevent unnecessary tie ups and traps... this rule makes it less and less likely that we'll see the second-coming of (my all-time favorite net minder) Ron Hextall anytime soon.

Another new rule that will keep the would-be Ron Hextalls away... automatic suspensions for fight "instigators." (I'll let Chris Chelios explain that one to you...)

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sick site, I like the way you put it together.

mark bell hockey player
http://www.hockey-nhl-game.com/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://www.hockey-nhl-game.com/
mark bell hockey player

 

Post a Comment

<< Home