If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

HHRYA: Did you catch it?

I've got the MLB all-star game on in the background right now... and caught out of the corner of my eye an awkward reading of a banner a fan had put in front of a camera... HHRYA.com. The announcers were confused in trying to read and make sense of it (the website is currently down, BTW). It was very awkward and bizarre - and it really had the air of something controversial accidently slipping on air... a magic of live TV moment.

But I'm calling shenanigans.

Chevy and GM are all over the all-star game with their advertising... I bet it wasn't a fan with that sign at all - and I bet the producers knew exactly what it was all about... and it'll turn out to be something about the Chevy HHR retro truck thing. Just you wait.

UPDATE: Yeah... shenanigans indeed. It's a stupid marketing gimmick for the HHR. And what's with that car anyway? Retro is so last year...

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really disappointed when I founf out what HHRYA.com was. Like really really disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home