If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Abatements abound!

It looks like famous Jersey City machine boss/mayor Frank Hague's giant medical center is getting a giant tax abatement.

I've written about tax abatements before... and I don't have a problem with them in general. I just really hope it's necessary for this huge project - one that had several interested and competing bidders, remember. I like adaptive re-use... I like urban in-fill... but the city better be getting all it can from this one, especially considering it's not really in walking distance of any train stations (read: lots of new cars on the road).

I'm cautiously optimistic, but as always, skeptical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home