If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sharpe James, he's the "real deal"

I just cannot walk by Newark City Hall on Broad Street (and I have been walking down Broad street a lot lately... see my previous post about my trip to the social security administration office...) without singing the catchy tune "Sharpe James... he's our Mayor..." "Sharpe James... he's the real deal."

The song of course is from Marshall Curry's documentary: Street Fight (technically, the song is from the Mayor's press event, featured in the film), following the November 2002 election between Mayor/Senator James and councilman Cory Booker. I mention this because it will be aired on Tuesday, July 5th at 10 PM on PBS. While I didn't catch it during the Tribeca film festival - I will definitely be watching this time, from the comfort of my own 27 inch cathode ray tube.

(You can watch a quicktime trailer of the film here and even listen to that catchy tune I mentioned about halfway through the clip)

2 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home