If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Dear Friend,

With due respect, trust and humility, I write you this
proposal, Which I believe would be of great interest to
you. I am Mr.Kenneth Bello, a Banker with first national
Bank of South African,Randburg-Johannesburg branch.A client
of ours,A Director General in Gold
and Mining firm deposited a large sum of money in our
branch,the funds has being lying in this Bank without
anyone to claim the funds for a very long time now.


So... do you get about a thousand of these emails a day too? They're called "419" scams (named after the chapter of the Nigerian penal code that they violate). You might be thinking - aside from not falling for these stupid scams, what can I do? Well... check out this site. Just by visiting you're helping to put an end to some of the scams by overloading the websites of the fake banks and phony escrow companies. Reload it a few times... and head back on their "flash mob" action days... where they'll have thousands of people overloading the worst of the fake banks. I've got a new favorite tort: trespass to chattels.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Dear Friend,
Thanks to your ads by google, I am able to find Nigerian Singles living near me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home