If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Blue state gubernatorial blues...

Blue state gubernatorial blues...


As a Republican in a very VERY blue state, the Republican primary can be a pointless and irritating experience. The two GOP front runners for Governor (with USDA - that's District Attorney, not the government agency that recommends how many daily servings dairy products you need - Christie out of the race) are Bret Schundler and Doug Forrester. The first is a very conservative and relatively successful Mayor of my current home, Jersey City. The second is a successful businessman and unsuccessful US Senate candidate.

My gut feeling is to go with the former. Yes, I know he made some enemies in Jersey City and tried to steamroll some issues through while Mayor that I'll always be opposed to (his tactics in trying to turn the Bergen Arches into a highway, for example). I'm also not convinced that the Governor's position on abortion really matters at all.

The real question is... is it worth my effort to even throw my hat into either ring? Or am I missing the boat entirely... because I can't really say anything bad about Codey or Corzine right now. Tell me what you think or don't. Better yet... click on those google adds. I'm up to about $1.60 in sweet, sweet profit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home