If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Jersey City Blizzard Cam!

Okay... so it's not snowing yet... but I'm rigging up the old iSight to act as my winter weather window to the world. The image is updated every 20 seconds... reload for the latest. (I'm using some software called KeyCamX to do the heavy lifting)



Let me know what you're seeing!

UPDATE #1: (9:50 AM) KeyCamX is shareware... so I have to register it - or reload it every couple of hours. If you see a blue box over the image, it means that I need to reload it. Sorry!

UPDATE #2: (10:24 AM) I switched to a free program called WebCam2FTP. Still no snow yet!

UPDATE #3 (11:51 AM) The snow as started!

UPDATE #4 (3:16 PM) Put the right number of z's in "blizzard." It's still snowing... quite a bit. It's going to either make for one great football game tomorrow... or one canceled football game tomorrow...

UPDATE #5 (2:40 PM Sunday) Snow's over folks... I've stopped the automatic updating of the SnowCam... I'll update later today after the EAGLES game! E-A-G-L-E-S!

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

started snowing in SJ just after 10am, should muck things up this afternoon and then the big storm comes in tonight. GO EAGLES!

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see when the snow stops and the plows roll through JC and I can watch the car owners shovel out....hehehe

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger PDC Ryan said...

The Eagles game is going to be VERY interesting... it'll be tough to get all of the snow out of there. Snowblowl anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home