If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Jersey City Resevoir Preservation Alliance

I just got word about a rally and info session for helping to preserve the Jersey City Reservoir. The event is Thursday, March 31st at 7 at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Building in the center of Pershing Field Park. I won't be able to make it, because I have a class on Thursday nights... but it looks to be a worthwhile cause. There is also a picnic and fundraiser planned for April 16th.

Apparently the State's school construction corporation is eyeing the site for demolition and use for a new school. New schools good. Adaptive reuse good. Destruction of historic sites, bad.

If you need more information than that, drop me a line and I can forward you the email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home