If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower. Ryan's blog, musings on transportation, Jersey City, transportation, sports and technology

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

More Adobe & Antitrust

Here's an article on the Adobe & Macromedia merger/buyout. I had previously speculated that Adobe would have to divest itself of one of the two web publishing programs and one of the vector drawing programs - and it looks like that will be the case.

I was surprised that they'll be letting GoLive go (instead of dreamweaver), but I suppose it makes sense to go with the product with more marketshare. Also of note is how they are considering PhotoShop and Fireworks to be in the same market (Fireworks being the product to get the heave-ho)... but it's been a long time since I've used FireWorks, so maybe it's changed into something that's no longer completely unlike photoshop (I thought it was closer to ImageReady or the old ImageStyler).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home